Criminal Fines & Court Costs

To set up a payment plan you must first speak with a Clerk to verify you qualify and determine the amount you can pay. Please refer to the following orders for more information:

If you are within driving distance you can visit the Circuit Court Clerk's Office with your first payment in CASH. Hours to set up payment plans are 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. All paperwork can be completed at that time. Once your plan is set up, up may pay in person or by mail. Our office accepts cash, certified checks, money orders or credit cards.

If you are unable to come in person to the Clerk's Office:

  1. Contact the Office to determine if you qualify and the amount you can pay.
  2. Fill out the Request for Payment Plan form.
  3. Print off form and sign it.
  4. Include your first payment as a money order (once your account is set up you may pay by cash, certified check, money order or credit card).
  5. Mail in the form and payment. If you wish any documents to be returned to you, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
  6. If you are looking to restore your driving privileges because your license has been suspended for non-payment, make sure you check the section on the form for DMV paperwork. You must take the paperwork to the DMV for the suspension to be removed.

To verify that your court case is located in Williamsburg/James City County, please check here.

Please note that if you pay by credit card there is a $2 fee for anything under $50 and a 4% fee for anything over $50.

For any questions pertaining to payment of your court costs, please contact the Clerk's Office.