With two new facilities in James City County—a Historic Triangle Campus and a Workforce Development Center—Thomas Nelson Community College offers education and training programs for the business community, current company employees, entrepreneurs, and transitional and dislocated workers needing to advance workplace skills. Options include:
- Skills testing, career counseling, training, job search assistance for workers
- Customized training for existing employees
- Help with recruiting, screening, hiring, and training new employees
- State-of-the-art training facilities
- On-site instruction at the company’s location
- Both credit and non-credit courses to upgrade skills
- Evening and weekend classes on campus and at area high schools
TNCC delivers credit and continuing education programs at the new Historic Triangle campus, in addition to transfer degree, nursing and emergency medical technician programs and engineering, information systems technology and paralegal studies.
New Horizons Regional Center offers high school students and adults career and technical training in building technology, metal technology and machining, automotive technology, law enforcement, electronics, information services technology, and medical/dental assistants.