Businesses of all sizes are important to growing a vibrant community. James City County is fortunate to have a strong economic base from six Fortune 500 companies and a wealth of other important employers.
Fortune 500 Companies
Ball Metal—Supplier of metal and plastic packaging to the beverage and food industries
Northrop Grumman—Designer, systems integrator and manufacturer of military aircraft, defense electronics, precision weapons, commercial and military aerostructures
Owens-Illinois—One of the world’s leading manufacturers of glass containers for food packaging
Smithfield Foods—The world’s largest pork producer and processor
Walmart Import Distribution Center—Three-million-square-foot facility employing 700 Walmart associates
50 Largest Employers
- SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
- Williamsburg James City County School Board
- County of James City
- Eastern State Hospital
- Riverside Regional Medical Center
- Kingsmill Resort
- Anheuser Busch, Inc.
- Avid Medical
- Joy Food Store
- Williamsburg Landing
- Lumber Liquidators Service
- Jamestown Yorktown Foundation
- Williamsburg Plantation
- Owens Brockway Glass Contractors
- Martin’s Food Market
- Ball Metal Beverage Container Group
- Farm Fresh
- Kaman’s Art Shoppes, Inc.
- Michael Kors Retail Inc.
- Printpack Inc.
- Diamond Resorts Management
- Citizen’s & Farmer’s Bank
- Captain George’s Seafood Restaurant
- Food Lion
Source: Virginia Employment Commission, 50 Largest Employers, 2nd Quarter 2014
Other Regional Employers
Foreign-affiliated firms: Anheuser-Busch InBev (Belgium), Quadrimaran International (France), Berliner Glas-US, Inc. (Germany), and Mombaur International Consulting Solutions LLC (Germany)