College of William & Mary
Founded in 1693, The College of William and Mary is the second oldest college in the nation. One of only eight “Public Ivy” schools in the nation, William and Mary offers a world-class education and resources.
The College has more than 8,000 students in five undergraduate and graduate schools: Arts & Sciences, Business, Education, Law and Marine Science. The school offers more than 30 undergraduate programs, 10 graduate programs and professional degree programs in Business, Education, Law, and Marine Science.
William and Mary also offers many state-of-the-art facilities and resources for your business, including:
- Applied Science Department—Research and consultation in materials design, synthesis, characterization, modification, control, and imaging.
- Virginia Institute of Marine Science—Research and consultation for aquaculture and maritime industries on technical and regulatory issues, economic development, and environmental matters.
- School of Business Administration—Assistance in forecasting, domestic and international marketing, operations management, information systems, and regulatory compliance.
Other Area Colleges and Universities
More than a dozen higher education institutions are within an hour’s drive of James City County. Many offer collaboration and research by graduate students and faculty.
- Atlantic University
- Christopher Newport University
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Hampton University
- Medical College of Virginia
- Norfolk State University
- Old Dominion University
- Rappahannock Community
- Regent University
- Richard Bland College
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia State University
- Virginia Union University