James City County is strategically located in the Williamsburg area on the Virginia peninsula with direct access to Interstate highways, three international airports and the Port of Hampton Roads.
Our industrial base includes six Fortune 500 companies.
Ready-to-go business sites, a fast-track permitting process, and the commitment of County leadership to make things happen put business ventures on the fast-track to success
James City County is a 144-square mile quality environment in the picturesque region of Williamsburg, Virginia. James City County is positioned at the head of the Virginia Peninsula where America’s business began.
James City County and Virginia have assets businesses need to thrive.
- Virginia’s worker’s compensation rates are 50 percent lower than the National average
- Regional wages average up to 20 percent lower than National wages
- A population of 60,000+
- A central Mid-Atlantic position just 45 minutes from Richmond and Norfolk, and two and one-half hours from governmental and financial centers in Washington D.C.
- Within a 500-mile radius of all major northeast markets plus Toronto, Detroit, Indianapolis, and Atlanta
- Located 40 minutes from the deepwater ports of Hampton Roads between the James and York Rivers
Business and Industrial Parks
- Green Mount Industrial Park
- Hankins Industrial Park
- Jacobs Industrial Park
- James River Commerce Center
- McLaws Circle
- Stonehouse Commerce Park
- Toano Business Park