The James City County Office of Economic Development is committed to our existing businesses, large and small. Our goal is to partner with existing employers and serve as a resource to maximize success.
Our staff is dedicated to researching and making contact with available resources on your behalf; identifying the appropriate contacts in other County agencies and coordinating productive meetings on your behalf; listening to your concerns and serving as your advocate at all times; bringing valuable information to your attention; and recognizing you for the contributions you make.
Recent efforts include:
- Creating the Tourism Zone;
- Amending the existing Enterprise Zone to expand its boundaries and make the financial incentives available to more businesses;
- Hosting separate forums with CEOs, hotel owners/managers, golf course managers, and small business owners to discuss common needs and concerns and potential opportunities to address those needs and concerns;
- Hosting a financial seminar with local bankers to share information on new state funding opportunities for businesses; and
- Hosting an export seminar to share information on ways to increase global sales and accessing financial incentives for using the Port of Virginia.
We also meet one-on-one with businesses to educate ourselves and understand how we may best support the existing tax base, which in turn supports the James City County community.
Our success is largely dependent upon your feedback and participation. We look forward to engaging with you to discuss your concerns, needs, and ideas. Please feel free to contact Kathryn Sipes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-259-4917.
And, most importantly, thank you for being in James City County!